Assist allows you to remotely access Windows machines (PCs and servers) without any action required from the remote user.
This means you can:
- Lock an active session to gain control of the Windows lock screen.
- Directly access the Windows lock screen.
- The target machine's agent must be at least version "5068" (this information can be found in the agent's Pedigree).
- You must have the right to "Lock a session and gain access without approval via Assist."
- By default, this right is assigned to the "Technical Support" group and above.
- Remote access without approval is only applicable to Windows machines.
- It is not possible to access an open session without first locking it.
Connecting to a Remote Machine Without Approval
Assist now allows you to connect to a machine without any action required from the remote user.
You can use the following two buttons to enable remote access:
In the following scenarios :
- If there is at least one open session with an active user
- You can request remote access
- You can lock the active session and gain access to the machine
- If there is a locked open session or no open session at all
- You can gain access to the machine's lock screen without approval