Adding an OID
The widget creation screen looks like this:
It consists of 4 parts:
- The tabs (yellow box), which correspond to the values of your widget (1 tab = 1 value displayed in the widget).
- The OID selector, on the left (blue box).
- The transformer, in the centre (red box).
- The value obtained, on the right (green box).
The OID selector
The left-hand side allows you to select the OID to be monitored and to customise its name.
To select an OID, two possibilities:
- Type or paste the OID directly into the field provided.
- Open the OID selector via the "explore" button: and browse the tree of OIDs of the equipment.
Clicking on the "explore" button opens the OID selector. It lists all the OIDs found during the equipment scan.
- The left-hand side shows the list of OIDs
- Good to know: The OIDs listed are ranked according to their usage by RG users, the more an OID is used, the more it will be highlighted in the selector.
- The middle section displays the navigable tree structure of OIDs
- The right hand side displays the monitorable values of a parent OID selected in the tree
Once the OID to be monitored is found, simply click on "Monitor" to add it to the widget. "Monitor All" will take into account the first 50 child values of the OID.
Adding an alert
The step that follows the selection of the values to be monitored is the (optional) configuration of alerts on these same values.
The configuration of alerts will allow you to define :
- The conditions and parameters for opening the ticket, framed in blue
- The conditions and threshold for triggering the alert, framed in red in the image below
The "expression" text field is used in the same way as the field in the previous step. Help is also available by clicking on "How to write my expression".
To make it easier for you to write expressions, two "paste" buttons are available on the right-hand side of the interface, under "Monitored OIDs". They allow you to directly insert the aliases of the monitored values without having to type them.
Once your alerts have been added, the last step is a summary page on which you can name your widget and choose whether or not to activate the "curves" which will allow you to find your data in the form of graphs in the "Data" menu of RG.
After these few steps, you will find your widgets on your Dashboard. Below is an example of a complete Dashboard, for monitoring a switch:
- Values in black: No alert is configured on this value
- Values in green: An alert is configured on this value, but the threshold is not reached
- Values in red: An alert is set to this value and the threshold is reached
Widgets are resizable and movable like this:
Icons are displayed in the Widget headers, they allow you (from left to right) to:
To facilitate the commissioning of environments with similar devices, you can import widgets directly from another device.
From the Pedigree page of your SNMP Device, the following button is available next to the "Add widget" button: It allows you to open the import window.
You will then have to choose between overwriting existing widgets, or adding widgets to the existing configuration, then choose the device from which to import.
After validation, the widgets will be available on your Dashboard, even if the OID scan has not been performed on this device.